Old World Spaghetti Sauce
A luscious sauce that bursts with flavor, and the accompanying aroma creates the perfect ambience! Combine this sauce with your favorite pasta and your meal is complete!
- 16 oz tomato puree
- 16 oz crushed tomatoes
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 1 T garlic salt
- 1 t ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 T crushed oregano leaves
- 6 oz shredded parmesan cheese (optional, but recommended)
Over medium heat, add tomato puree, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, and spices to medium saucepan.
Stir until combined well.
Cover and reduce heat to low. Allow to simmer for at least 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally. (The longer it simmers, the better, to allow flavors to meld.)
Add cheese about 10 minutes before serving and stir well to allow cheese to melt and blend into sauce.
- You can also add cooked ground beef or meatballs to make an incredible meat sauce!
- Recipe is easily doubled or tripled.
- Recipe can also be water bath canned in pints for 25 minutes and quarts for 30 minutes.